In no particular order...
· Things I Miss
o My old car. 2003 Toyota Corolla my parents gave me for high school graduation. That ride was wonderful and I have so many memories that involve her.
o Driving in general. The freedom to get in a car and go wherever I want, whenever I want, and to listen to music as loud as I want are things I REALLY miss!!
o Christian Family Church. That is where I came back to Jesus after falling away for a while. The fellowship with the amazing congregation, the wonderful pastors, the presence of the Holy Spirit… all are unlike any other church I have ever been to. It is the type of church in which I want to spend my life and raise my children.
o Working. Having a fun job with responsibilities and making my own money… I don’t think I really realized how valuable it is to have a job until I didn't have one for a while. And while I am EXTREMELY blessed to have had this year to be a stay-at-home-mom while living with my loving and generous family, I miss being able to contribute financially.
o Being pregnant. The time spent carrying my son was so wonderful. I am so thankful for how well it went and how good it felt (most of the time, lol).
o Hugging my friends. I am blessed to have so many loving and fun friends back home, and I miss their affection. We always hug hello and goodbye… I miss that very much.
· Things I’m Enjoying
o NOT dating. Sure, sometimes I miss having a cute guy take me out and treat me to something nice, but I am surprised by how content I am not dealing with stupid boys. Since my son came into my life, he has been the only boy on earth I care about. Whereas I used to go out on dates with many different types of guys, I am happy now not putting myself through that drama. I’m trusting the Lord and thankful for HIS love and affection. I know one day I will meet the MAN He has in mind for me, and it will be as HE sees fit… it is not really in my hands.
o My son! Watching him grow and learn every day is amazing. I love how affectionate, smart and funny he is. I love rocking him to sleep and kissing his soft neck before putting him in bed. I love sharing meals with him and knowing he is getting good food to help him grow. I love watching him play and love on his Grandparents and Uncle. I love being out with him and seeing people appreciate how adorable he is. I love going on adventures with him. And even though I still wake up once or twice a night to care for him, and sometimes get kicked or climbed on, I LOVE co-sleeping with him! He is only going to be this small for such a short while, and I cherish every sweet moment He gives me.
o Being crafty. Sewing toys, finding new uses for old containers, creating fun new things with old cards or construction paper and crocheting every now and then… it is so peaceful and also fulfilling.
o Cooking. Searching for healthy recipes online and on my iTouch, then trying them out for my family is a great new development since I moved here a year ago. Knowing that there really IS some of the Goodman chef gene in me is pretty cool, lol! And the fact that everyone has loved everything I’ve made so far is really awesome… and they don’t even know exactly how good it is for them! (Well, mama knows… but she knows everything! :D )
o Learning about the Korean culture. Asia is pretty neat! I’m glad I have learned some of the language and get to experience the uniqueness of this country.
· Things I Look Forward To
o Living in the States again. I’m thankful for the opportunity to live overseas and experience so much, but you know what they say… there’s no place like home! I look forward to being closer to my family and friends and enjoying all the conveniences of American lifestyle!
o My son growing up. While I’m cherishing every moment, I do look forward to having conversations with him. To answering his 3 million questions, helping him learn his colors, numbers and how to write his beautiful name. To him reading to me for the first time. To doing more arts and crafts projects with him and receiving his works of art made in Sunday school. To teaching him the responsibilities of caring for a pet, a garden and his belongings. To him saying his prayers by himself for the first time. To go on bike rides and climb trees. To exploring museums of every kind and talking about our favorite things we saw. I look forward to him helping me in the kitchen and to the very first things he makes himself (mine was creamed corn and instant mashed potatoes, haha!). There is still so much joy to experience!!
o Having our family “compound.” We have a vision of us all living on the same large plot of land, my husband’s and my house just yards away from my parents’ house. Having chickens, dogs, a garden and a body of water (pond, river, or just a pool). Having Tripp and his family visit for summers and the Holidays (we are assuming he will marry and stay in Asia, lol!).
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment