I recently came across this amazing website that I really want to share with everyone I know. Granted, there are just half a dozen friends and family of mine who actually read this, but my hope is that each of you will take a few minutes to browse this site, find a cause or two that is important to you, and then share it with as many friends/family that you can.
What is really cool is that you are able to make a difference -- and you know every little bit helps -- just by signing on-line petitions, sending free e-cards and even just clicking a button on the page! If you follow the Gifts That Give More™ link you will find 170+ ways that you can have a direct impact helping those in need, from children to animals and women with breast cancer. There are also tons and tons of amazing and beautiful products that you can purchase for yourself or as a gift, and the money goes to charity. Its a win-win!
I have decided that on the 7th of every month I am going to donate the corresponding amount to how old my son is. For instance, this month on the 7th Robert will be 5 months old, so I will donate $5 to one of the charities. I hope that when my boy gets older and is able to understand our responsibility to help people, animals and our environment in need, that he will take it upon himself and enjoy doing just that. My Robert Carlisle has already made a difference in the world simply by being born and shifting my whole view on the world, and I have faith that the Lord has even bigger plans for him than I do. He has bigger plans for ALL of us.
Click on the link that is most important to you, then follow the links there to the other pages.






No comments:
Post a Comment