Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back Again!

Life has been pretty sweet since I last posted... which was a while ago (seesh!).

I'm not longer sick, so WOO HOO!! That was the longest I've ever been sick, and it was rotten. Now that its over and the weather is changing, I plan to get back on my Couch to 5K routine.

Bobby got his two bottom teeth in and his behavior indicates that another one is working its way out... poor baby. He's also getting VERY good at getting where he wants to go in his walker. A week ago we saw him take deliberate steps forward towards the cat... that was awesome. He's also still working on crawling and is getting super close. He hasn't figured out how to stand up on his own yet, but once he gets into position (with very little help) he can stand on his own and hold on to rails and tables. You can tell he thinks he's the shiz when he does, lol! One thing I really love is what a lover he is... he lets us hug and kiss him as much as we want, and he enjoys just sitting in out laps and hanging out (for a while, lol). But my favorite moments by far are sleeping with him and cuddling up, and sharing meals together. We both LOOVE YoBaby Yogurt, so we often share a cup of that, or he'll have his cereal and veggie mix while I eat my food... and sometimes I'll give him nibbles of whatever I'm eating... its fun. He's a complete and total blast, even when he's being fussy and annoying, lol! <3

I've FINALLY tapped into my inherent cooking abilities! My mom comes from a long line of AMAZING cooks and she rocks the kitchen like a pro, but I have never really liked cooking. Baking is a different story... I've also enjoyed that. Its the actual stove-top cooking that I was against... I hated the stress of timing everything just right. *wuss* I assume becoming a stay-at-home-mom has something to do with it, and I'm glad! Downloading the Epicurious app to my iTouch was the best thing! I have found so many great recipes that have rocked the socks off my family! Like the African Curried Coconut Soup with Chickpeas, Mediterranean Vegetable-Cheese Pie, Molasses Muffins with Flax & Dates, Chickpea-Carrot Salad and Pasta with Goat Cheese, Lemon & Asparagus! Sooo yummy! I'm loving it! :D

Another good thing is that my BeautiControl business is getting back on its feet! Woo hoo! If you want some deals, shoot me an e-mail. ;D

Mama and Daddy-O are in Japan for the week for Far East Drill Competition, and we miss them. This is the longest mama has been away from Bobby since he was born, and the longest for Daddy since we got here in October... nobody is happy about it. The bright side is that Tripp and I get along sooo well when its just us (stupid sibling rivalry!), and we're having fun together with the baby. Its just too bad that EVERYONE in the general public thinks we are married!! Since I am not at all interested in meeting guys right now, I don't mind for myself... but I do feel kinda bad for Tripp, LOL! Oh well. ;)

One last thing... I've agreed to jump on the bandwagon and participate in the 365 Day Photo Project. My subject will be -- surprise surprise -- Robert Carlisle Goodman Floyd. :D Thanks to my friend Erika who not only suggested it, but also shared this recipe on her blog that is AWESOME!

That said, I'm going to post my Day 1 picture, and grab another cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment