Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Memories

My mom bought my dad one of those nifty machines that transfers old VHS tapes to DVDs, and I've started to make the transfers for him. First I did a video from a family trip to Myrtle Beach in 1996, then my brother's 2nd birthday (1991) in Black Forest, and now a family gathering at my grandparents' ranch in Black Forest in 1986, the year after I was born.

It is so wild to see my family so young and sweet (well, I wasn't always sweet). It is also something else to see my late Grandma Goodman, who would be 78 today, and my late Uncle Bobby Goodman, my son's namesake. What I would give to have a chance to go back in time and visit all of them again. To play with THE cutest baby (so far, lol), my little baby brother, and THE most handsome man, my daddy. My mama was beyond words beautiful, too, like that is hard to imagine. My family is gorgeous.

I'm so looking forward to having my little baby boy here, to record home videos and make more memories to last multiple lifetimes.

Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with the most amazing family that anyone couldn't even imagine to ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment