Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting Close!

We're getting so close! I'm at 36 weeks and just had my midwives come for the home visit to check out where I will be for the labor and delivery, and make sure I have everything I need. We had it all set up! :D


They were able to tell that he has not dropped yet, so we still have a little bit to go. Granted, he isn't due until September 3rd, but we're ready for him now!!



To help get my uterine muscles ready to go, I'm drinking a bunch of homemade pregnancy tea with raspberry leaf (tones the muscles of the pelvic region. It also contains vitamins A and B complex and many minerals, including phosphorus and potassium. It can increase fertility, prevent miscarriage and hemorrhage, ease morning sickness, reduce pain during and after birth, and also increase milk supply), nettle leaves (known to have more chlorophyll than any other herb. The list of vitamins and minerals in this herb includes nearly every one known to be necessary for human health and growth. Nettle is beneficial in aiding the functionality of the kidneys, nourishing mother and fetus, easing leg cramps and other muscles spasms, preventing hemorrhage after birth and reducing hemorrhoids, in addition to increasing the richness and amount of breast milk) and yellow dock (an assimilated source of iron that is more effective than supplements). I usually also add peppermint and alfalfa, but I'm out right now. The tea also helps stimulate Braxton Hicks contractions, which it feels like are almost constant now!


He is still as active as ever and getting bigger all the time. I'm enjoying these last weeks to relax before he arrives and thinking about what he will be like as an individual. Can't wait to see that little face and dress him up like a Care Bear! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment