So its 10:30 on Friday night, and I'm here lounging on my bed watching What Not To Wear... and I am totally content. (Granted, I'm still a little bleh from earlier today... and I am thinking what a baby the girl is on the show for crying over new hair color... both of which are somewhat of a buzz kill. lol.) The closer and closer I get to having the little boy arrive, the more and more I am ready for it to be just us! I don't miss going out like I thought I would, at all. When I'm at home like this, or out and about running errands, I just think about how great it will be to have my baby with me. I can't wait! I'm even looking forward to the middle-of-the-night feedings (I've heard those moments are precious), and the icky diapers and the bath times and nap times.... AH! SO exciting!! :D
Plus... I'm realllly looking forward to having my flat stomach back!! Eventually. Sooner than later though, that's for sure. ;D
Everything has been going very well. I started my birthing classes on the 20th. Mama, my birth partner ( :D ), came with me and it was cool. There were two other couples there and it was run by one of my midwives. I felt like a smarty-pants because I already knew 99% of what we covered (anatomy, development, health, signs of impending labor, etc.) from reading all my pregnancy books. Always good to hear it again, and I'm totally looking forward to next week's class... we're going to watch videos (if you haven't seen a natural birth video, watch one! Its sooo cool!) and talk about actual labor and delivery! Yaay!
It was also fun to be around other pregnant women for while. I was thinking how cool it would be if the Birth Center facilitated socials for all their clients. Surely they have a lot going on (they delivered two babies yesterday at 4am and noon!), but that would still be awesome!! If I wasn't leaving so soon, I would offer to do it for them... maybe I'll still mention it. :D
In other (and very exciting, lol) news... today I had my first manicure and pedicure since... I don't know when!! Definitly since I've been pregnant! Aside from the ick fumes, it was great. That massage chair was divine and my feet look and feel soooo much better. My hands look awesome too. Lovely bright coral color... just for fun. I'm hoping now that my feet aren't all ick, maybe my dad will give me a foot massage every once in a while! :D
One thing that has been lame is how tired I ALWAYS am. And what makes it worse is that I don't sleep well at night anymore. I wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom like I have been for the last 3 or 4 months, but it is getting harder to become comfortable. Not to mention what a hassel it is to climb out of bed over all the pillows and cats with this big ol' belly. I only seem to get comfortable when I nap on top of the bedding in the middle of the day. Lame. Thats another thing I'm looking forward to when the baby comes!
Okay, time to go to bed with my awesome boyfriends.... Conan O'Brien and Craig Ferguson! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment