Yesterday when I listed the ingredients for Bobby's and my "everything but the kitchen sink smoothie" for the day, I mentioned the interesting Japanese products we are using. Today I remembered to get pictures of them!
This is the "mystery ingredient" as I am not exactly sure what it is! Wouldn't you say that it looks pretty darn healthy?? Great, me too. :)
This is my favorite juice. Look at all the great stuff in it! Thank goodness they put pictures on the package because I cannot understand Japanese -- at all. In any case, it is delicious and Bobby loves it, too.
The picture below shows all the goodies we used for today's smoothie. We used a Special K knock-off cereal instead of oatmeal today. Bobby is great at helping put everything in the blender. Today he actually ate more frozen strawberries than made it in, but that is okay with me. The blender we are using here is MUCH smaller than my nice glass one at home. This is a personal blender that I got Tripp for his "birfday" that easily converts into a travel cup!
Later in the day mama and I made a carrot cake from scratch... without a mixer... which is new for us. It definitely took some team work, let me tell ya! The result was totally worth it. YUMMY! Here is the recipe we used (we also added nutmeg and ground flax seeds).
Didn't mama do a great job with the icing!?
We have about 15 carrots left over from an insanely huge bulk package my dad got for us when got here. So, if you know of some great recipes that use a bunch of carrots, please share!!
Thanks for reading! I hope you all are having a great week. <3



No comments:
Post a Comment