Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Make-Up, Cute Bobby, & a Recipe

So, the other night I got a wild hair around 11pm and became somewhat obsessed with my make-up.  Weird, right??  I blame the fact that I don't have school this week and my brain needed something to concern itself with, hahaha!  So, I'm in bed getting ready to go to sleep... except I'm not tired... and I feel like I HAVE to go clean my make-up brushes.  RIGHT. NOW.  (Boy, did they need it!  WOW!)  When I finished that, I climb back in bed and think, "okay... sleep now."  Five minutes later... I'm up and back in the bathroom cleaning out my make-up collection.  Tossing out oldies, surface cleaning the good stuff, and making room for the new stuff.  Thrilling, right?  Don't be jealous. Especially now that my zebra cosmetics box is rockin! ;D

Bobby said his first real life, full length sentence yesterday.  We were playing in his room when I noticed he had a full diaper.  After changing him, I decided to let him go commando for a while, and we pulled his shorts back up.  As I was sitting on the floor with my back to hid bed, he started to climb up it to grab a book.  His adorable little butt was right in my face, so of course I started pinching it!  He scurried up the bed and said in his sweet little boy voice, "Mommy, don't do that to my butt!"   *heart melts*  It was sooo precious and sooo funny!  :)  He also has a new phrase he likes to use as much as I do, but slightly more dramatic.  He says, "ohhhh my goooossssshhhh!"  Hahaha!! <3

I made an awesome meal tonight, with Bobby's help.  Slow cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken with mushrooms and rice, and a tomato-avocado-sprout side salad.  YUMMMMMMY!  Here is the recipe (from memory!):
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • black pepper
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water (helps if it is warm)
  • 2 tbs minced garlic
  • 2 bullion cubes (chicken or vegetable)
  • 1/2 large lemon (juice and zest)
  • handful of mushrooms, sliced
  1. Clean the chicken breasts, then coat with black pepper and oregano.  Brown in a skillet with olive oil.
  2. In a bowl, combine the water, garlic, bullion cubes, and lemon juice.
  3. Place the browned chicken breasts into the slow cooker, add sliced mushrooms, and pour liquid mixture over top.
  4. Cook on high for 3 hours (I think it was 5 on low)
  5. Serve over rice -- YUM!
Whoa!  Survivor is on!!  Gatta go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment