Thursday, December 9, 2010

So Close!!

I cannot believe that we are in our last week in South Korea!

These last few weeks have been filled with lots of planning, organizing, crafting and packing.  I'm the "project manager" for getting everything in order for our move, and I've also made dozens of handmade gifts for family and friends.  It has been fun, but also stressful.  I've had to go through everything and separate it all into the following categories:
  • Gifts to mail (I'm so paranoid that I'll accidentally send someone's gift in someone else's package.  I did that once earlier this year. lol!)
  • Gifts to hand carry
  • Bobby's and my clothes to hand carry
  • Bobby's and my clothes to mail right away
  • Bobby's and my clothes for dad to mail when he returns in January
  • Bobby's and my clothes to stay until the PCS back
  • Toys & clothes to donate
  • Toys to keep and send with the PCS
  • Books, decor and accessories to mail back
  • Important documents to hand carry
  • Items we will need for our visit to Colorado
I'm bummed I won't be able to bring eall my craft stuff with me. :(  Everything will be back stateside soon enough, and dad will always mail me my goodies if I can't live without them any longer, haha!

The flight should a pretty good trip for us!  We will leave our home early afternoon, ride up to the airport, hopefully go through security smoothly (I wonder if our airport has the body scanners??  I'm totally cool with those, but am not so cool about the pat-downs), let Bobby run around as much as possible and then board our 6pm flight!  The flight back to the States from Korea is faster, which is good, and it will be at night so Bobby should sleep through most of it.  We have bulkhead reserved seats with a baby bassinet (so cool!).  Mom, dad and I will sit together and Tripp will be just across the aisle, so we will have all hands on deck to love on and entertain the boy while he is awake.  (On our trip to and from Hong Kong, mom and I had the bulkhead with Bobby and the boys sat behind us... and slept the whole way!!  Stinkers!! Haha!)

Admittedly, I'm kinda freaking out about going back.  Its been over a year since I've seen everyone or even driven on American highways!  We have even more to do to do there than I've had to do to prepare, and I'm worried about how Bobby will adjust, especially since he's cutting two molars.  He'll likely surprise me with his grace like he usually does, but I'm psyching myself up for the worst. ;)

There are soo many things I'm looking forward to experiencing with him!  To be back in the house where he was born is just so exciting in itself!  We have great renovation plans and ideas for the yards.  He's going to loooooove having more space to run around inside on icky days, and just flip over having his own yard to play in!  And our visit to Colorado will be awesome.  Hopefully it will snow and we can get pictures of him playing with his cousins!

The weather here in Korea has been COLD!!  We've even experienced some beautiful snow.  I'm not sure what we will do these last few days other than clean, pack, and gorge ourselves on delicious Korean food,  but I know the days will go by fast.  I'm going to miss it here, and look forward to coming back again one day, but I am soo happy to be going back to America!







Prayer for a safe trip home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment