Yesterday Robert and I had breakfast with an old friend of mine, Sarah, and her little girl, Kinsley. It was so nice to visit with her have "mom talk." I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! Not the being with my friend, I knew that would be great, but I mean the whole being a mom thing. I was a mom out with my baby visiting my mom friend and her baby.
10 months ago I would have seen that and been thankful I didn't have any kids, but now adore it all! I loved holding my baby while talking to my friend and watching her adorable little girl play all around us, not caring if their squeals bothered the few other people in the cafe (sorry, lol). I loved going to the shopping center afterwards and taking 5 mins to get him and all our stuff in and out of the car. I loved walking around the stores with him in the little sling and people saying, "Oh how cute! Look at the baby!" I loved buying a bottle, wipes and a mirror for the backseat so I can see him in the carseat, and nothing for myself. All those things I dreaded I am now soo thankful for. I used to be afraid I wouldn't be a good mom, that I could never love anything more than I love my cats (seroiusly!)... but I am filled with so much love and joy over the smallest things. Its really amazing. I wouldn't trade this for anything... such a blessing. I mean, just look at him!!
It looks like we will be able to join our boys and kitties in Korea in about 2 weeks, if all goes well. We miss them so much and can't wait to be there!! Until then, mama and I are enjoying our time just the three of us. Great bonding time. <3 id="gwProxy" type="hidden">
No comments:
Post a Comment